Since 1983 Bluewater Pools has been a family owned and operated pool contractor serving the state of New Mexico, including Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Rio Rancho, Belen, Clovis, Farmington, Las Cruces, Las Vegas, Roswell and Los Lunas. We provide quality pools for our residential clients including swimming pool design, layout, excavation, electrical and plumbing, as well as start-up training and overall maintenance.
Bluewater Pools goes to great lengths to satisfy our customers in Albuquerque and all over New Mexico. When you purchase a Bluewater Pool, the relationship we have with you doesn’t end with the completion of the pool. To us it is just the beginning. The experience and value that comes from being in business for over 35 years with the same owner is a benchmark by which no other pool builder can compare.
We’ve also gone to great lengths to make sure we have all the necessary skills, talents and licenses in house. In fact, to the best of our knowledge, there’s not another pool builder in all of New Mexico who has all of the following licenses in-house:
- New Mexico Contractor’s license #31940
- EE-98 Electrical Contractors License (up to 5000 volts)
- MM-98 Master Mechanical license
- GS-25 Swimming Pool Contractor license
- MS-07 Swimming Pool Plumbing license
- MM-02 For installation of gas lines
- LP-09 Liquid Propane gas license
- GB-98 General Contractor’s license
Unlike most swimming pools contractors in Albuquerque today who have forgotten the meaning of the word integrity, Bluewater Pools has not. We didn’t build our reputation in the industry by just paying lip service to the notion of customer service. Instead, we built an entire business focused on providing genuine customer care – one customer at a time.
Take a look below at the products and services we offer at Bluewater Pools.
- Gunite Pools – Gunite Pools offer the ultimate in personalization and customization. Click here to see more about Gunite pools.
- Vinyl Liner Pools – Bring home the life you’ve always imagined with a luxurious Vinyl liner pool. Click here to see more about Vinyl Liner Pools.
- Fiberglass Pools – The Fastest and Most Maintenance-Free Way to swim is through Fiberglass pools. Click here to see more about Fiberglass Pools.
- Hot tubs – Custom inground spa and hot tubs can bring health, relaxation, family time and romance to your backyard up to 12 months a year. Click here to see more about Hot tubs.
- Commercial pools – We create or renovate amazing masterpieces for hotels, resorts, condominiums, apartment complexes, and community pools. Click here to see more about Commercial pools.
- Outdoor Living – It’s always much more than just a pool. Click here to see more about Outdoor Living.
- Service – We offer any and all services to make sure your swimming pool and spa look and run their best. Click here to see more about our services.
- Warrantees to last a lifetime – Every Bluewater pool comes with a Lifetime Warranty on the shell.
- Complete in-house capabilities – We aren’t dependent on independent subcontractors. We have trained and licensed plumbers, electricians and mechanical contractors all in-house.
- Outstanding record with the BBB – We agree with the goal of the Better Business Bureau: To maintain the highest ethical standards on the industry. That’s why we’re proud of our A+ rating.
- Extensive experience – We’ve been working on both commercial and residential swimming pools of all types since 1969. Yes, we know a thing or two about pools.
- No-pressure Sales Philosophy – We know that buying a swimming pool is a big decision for any family, and you don’t want to be rushed. We’re okay with that. We’ll NEVER try to pressure you into a sale.
- Financing ability – As an exclusive “Paramount Financial” dealer, we’ll help you get the financing you need at a rate you can afford.
- Certified Building Professional (CBP®) and Certified Service Professionals (CSP®) – It’s hard to believe that more than 95% of all pool builders won’t bother to get certified on “how to properly build a pool or “how to properly maintain and service a pool.” We’re part of that rare 5% that’s certified.
- Salt Water Pools – We offer the unique “salt water” solution that eliminates “green hair,” dangerous chemicals, and the nasty task of dumping chlorine into your pool. With our IntelliChlor system, all you have to do is add a couple bags of salt each year, and then sit back, relax and enjoy.
- Low Maintenance, Energy Efficient Pool Designs – From our over-sized plumbing and filters to our energy-efficient equipment and self-cleaning pool systems, a pool from Bluewater Pools costs less to own and takes less time and energy to maintain.
- Reliability – The biggest problem with most pool builders is they go out of business, leaving you and your pool with no warranty. Bluewater Pools has served Albuquerque and all of New Mexico for more than 35 years. You can trust us to finish the job and still be there for you many years later.
Bluewater Pools is proud to be certified and associated with the following organizations:
The APSP is the world’s largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
APSP Member Code of Ethics
All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
- To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
- To hold all necessary federal, state and local licenses, registrations and permits.
- To hold legally required liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and bonding.
- To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
- To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state and local advertising practices requirements.
- To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
- To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
- To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
- To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
- To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
- To use the APSP name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by APSP, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in APSP.
- To file a complaint with APSP regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
- To cooperate fully with any APSP investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
- To encourage utilization of APSP educational offerings as a means of enhancing the professional skills and business integrity of APSP members and their employees.
Bluewater pools are proud to have A+ rating with BBB. The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB’s service area, for no less than 6 months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB’s activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online
- Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBBOnLine Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau’s or an alternative provider’s binding arbitration program.
- Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company’s attention.
- Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
- Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers.
More information at: Better Business Bureau
A Certified Building Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Building Professional® training program. Graduates of the course learn the skills and value system pertaining to high ethical standards, commitment to the highest standards of workmanship and construction, business stability, and superior customer relations. After completion of the training, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CBP® certification.
A Certified Service Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Service Professional® training program. The three-level technical training program (TECH I, TECH II, and CSP) provides practical knowledge for technicians and service professionals, from structures and electrical systems, to hydraulics, pumps, and filters, to water chemistry and maintenance.
APSP members who successfully complete all three levels are granted the program’s highest credential—CSP™ Certified Service Professional®.
Afterwards, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CSP® certification.
The American Shotcrete Association, headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, is a non-profit organization of contractors, suppliers, manufacturers, designers, engineers, owners, and others with a common interest in promoting the use of shotcrete.
Formed in March 1998 to increase awareness of the shotcrete process, the Vision of the American Shotcrete Association is “that the shotcrete process be understood and used in every beneficial application.”
The Mission of the ASA is “to encourage and promote the safe and beneficial use of the shotcrete process”. This mission is moved forward through the work of the ASA Committees on Education, Marketing & Membership, Pool & Recreational, Publications, Safety, Sustainability and Underground.
More info here: www.shotcrete.org
The National Plasterers Council was formed in 1988 to “provide a voice and support for swimming pool plasterers.”
Since then, the Council has been focused on studying plaster surface problems and the writing of technically sound practices for the industry. The Council has also worked to produce educational videos for consumers.
Other priorities include nationwide membership recruitment, new member benefits, and new educational opportunities including a pool surface applicator certification program.
More information at: www.npconline.org
Pool Corp, has selected certain pool builders around the United States to join the ranks of an “Ultimate Swimming Pool” builder. We are one of the few identified “Ultimate Swimming Pools” builders in this area.